[WriteLog] CONTEST RULES

DickT-W0RAA dickt at w0raa.com
Tue Aug 20 15:17:52 EDT 2013

The upcoming SCC RTTY Championship Contest rules specifically
state that the exchange between contest participants has to be RST +
Year First Ever Licensed.

During the SARTG RTTY Contest this past weekend there were stations
that were sending a number but no RST as the rules required.

I realize that 599 or 5NN is a given (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO
NOT SEND CUT NUMBERS) in many contests, even if the signal is
weak and needs a repeat.  But, none the less, the RST is a requirement,
whether we like it or not.  So please make 599 part of your report
macro in the logging software you are using.  It's simple, just
"FOLLOW THE RULES!"

Hope to see you in the contest.

73,

Dick - W0RAA
My memory isn't as good as it used to be.
Also, my memory isn't as good as it used to be.