[WriteLog] ARRL 10M Contest - log submission

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Tue Dec 17 00:25:10 EST 2013

That's the answer to a different question!

The ARRL 10-Meter Contest rules don't require ARRL/RAC section in the
exchange, but ARRL/RAC section is the definition of the LOCATION: parameter
in the Cabrillo header for all contests.  That's why the WriteLog Location
drop-down list shows (only) ARRL/RAC sections, regardless of contest rules
regarding exchanges.

You don't have to understand or agree with Cabrillo, just adhere to it and
life will be nicer.   ;>)

Ed W0YK

Gary AL9A wrote:

I just sent off my Cabrillo log to ARRL for the 10M contest.  When
rechecking the rules to get the correct email address I noticed an apparent
discrepancy regarding the Cabrillo content.  Section 8.4 of the rules is
shown below:

8.4. Email entries only to: 10meter at arrl.org. Cabrillo log files require
exchange sent, category entered, power, and ARRL/RAC section, as defined in
the General Rules for All ARRL Contests.

This appears to be in contradiction of rule 4.1 which states the exchange
for W/VE stations, including KL7 and KH6, is to send the stations state or
province.  So why does the rule about Cabrillo content require ARRL/RAC
section?  That is certainly not part of my Cabrillo file.  Something ain't
right here bunky.