[WriteLog] Control of K3 DVR

K2MK k2mk at comcast.net
Tue Jan 22 08:40:38 EST 2013

Hi Stan,

The secret is in how you handled the modifications to the WriteLog ini file.
For example, here is a copy of what I put into my ini file for a K3 macros
that I use within WriteLog. This particular macro toggles the K3 APF (audio
peak filter) function when in CW. In RTTY it toggles the dual passband
function.

[Elecraft_K3_commands]
Macro_10=SWH29;

If I were using the F1 key to activate this macro the shortcut within
WriteLog would be as follows:
F01...................Rig1Command(10)

The number after the word "Rig" is the serial port that you are using to
communicate with your K3. I use serial port 1.

The other caution is to use the correct ini file. In some operating systems
there may be a duplicate ini file in a secondary location.

73,
Mike K2MK

I've been trying to control my K3's DVR with no luck.  After I hit the F1
key,
I get a message in the lower left had corner of: Error result -3 sending rig
command (10).  Has anyone experienced the same thing and have you found the
correction?

Stan, K8MJZ