[WriteLog] Flex 5000, Win7 and VAC problem

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Tue Jan 22 15:18:33 EST 2013

Gang,

I just upgraded to Windows 7 Pro on my Radio computer. As I am starting
to configure things I can not seem to get any audio to my rtty decoder
(mmtty plug-in) thru the VAC virtual cables from PSDR

I am using PSDR 2.4.4, VAC 4.12, Writelog 11.08, MMTTY 1.68 and the
Writelog MMTTY plugin 1.13

I think this is the same configuration I have been using for a while now
with Windows XP. At least I am trying to repeat the configuraton.

When ever I try to assign a virtual channel to MMTTY I get an error
message "Can't open Sound Card 1" etc. The order of sound devices in the
MMTTY screen is all scrambled - the virtual cables go like 2, 3, and 4
and later in the list is 1.

I can get audio to the mmtty instances when I point them at the mK2R+
USB Audio CODEC.

Is there something I need to be doing special in Windows 7 to use
virtual cables? Is this some privilege thing? Or what. Fortunate I still
have the Windows XP on another drive. I recall when I was playing with
Suitsat some times ago on my other Win 7 computer using HPSDR I could
get some VAC cables to run the telemetry thur some trickery?

Any advice?

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs
http://www.shentel.net/pixosdesigns/RadioTuner/