[WriteLog] Need advice on Writelog installation conventions on Windows 7

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 17:38:57 EDT 2013

Not true, Rick. My copy of writelog.ini is stored in c:\windows, and WL
updates the parameters in it just fine. I checked the security permissions
on c:\windows and c:\windows\writelog.ini and they're not special -- owner
is "trustedinstaller" and permissions appear to be restricted pretty
heavily. In other words, I don't think permissions have been altered from
the Windows 7 default.

I always run as an administrator, which may explain it.

Also, there are no files in
c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows (where <username> is
the name of my account.

73, Dick WC1M