[WriteLog] Problem with RTTY XMIT

Tom Shelton gl1800winger at verizon.net
Fri Sep 27 19:13:28 EDT 2013

I've been trying to figure this out for the last few hours and now that the
CQWW RTTY has started, I'm panicking...

When I try to send a message saved in a Macro ("%RAB3IC %E) all indications
are that I am transmitting the message, except nothing is happening on my
radio (no deflection on xmt pwer meter).  When using MMTTY (I've also tried
2-tone), if I press the TX button, then push the F-key for the macro, it
will send, and turn off appropriately.

I figured I had a problem with my radio, so I've double checked all the menu
options.  I am able to transmit RTTY using HRD.

Somewhere along the way, I've forgotten to set a simple setting -

Radio: Kenwood TS-590
Writelog V. 11.13J

Help...

Tom Shelton, AB3IC