[WriteLog] W1AW/KL7 setup

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Apr 28 02:08:07 EDT 2014

I'm beginning to setup my software to operate as a W1AW/KL7 station next
June.  I'm going to be running WriteLog as my logging software using the
DXpediton module.  This will serve me well for CW, RTTY and SSB.  However, I
would also like to be configured to do PSK from WriteLog should that mode be
needing an operator.  I have never run PSK from WriteLog before so am
looking for some help in getting Router setup for my MK II to be able to run
PSK.

I just configured the Mode in the Rttyrite window to be PSK instead of CW.
Right now the Port is set to None.  When I set my IC-7600 to USB-D1 and try
to send WL transmits a DVK audio wave file instead of the macro messages in
the CW buffers, which is where I would expect WL to look for PSK macro
strings.  So what do I need to change configuration wise?  Do I need to
create a virtual port in router and assign that port in Rttyrite?  Do I need
to change a setting in one of the DATA MODS in the IC-7600?  If so, what
should I use, MIC, ACC, MIC/ACC, or USB [B]?  I've checked the WriteLog
Setup Help file for the MK II, but it makes no mention of the PSK mode.  Any
ideas most welcome!

73,
Gary AL9A