[WriteLog] Windows 7 audio delay

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Jul 27 09:51:40 EDT 2014

That's because microHAM has designed MK2R+, micro2R and MK II
correctly <G>.

1) all three units provide hardware audio bypass.  The mic is
    run through a preamp and split to both the input of the
    sound card *and* the transceiver mic input.  When WriteLog
    transmits a DVK message, the PTT signal is used to switch
    the transceiver mic from the mic preamp to the sound card
    output.  Thus the operator always hears what is going to
    the rig in real time and there is no mic delay through the
    sound card.

2) the audio codecs used in MK2R+ and MK II have an internal
    hardware monitor WriteLog can (and does) access that for
    "echo mic" so, again, the operator hears an analog bypass
    signal if he absolutely has to route mic audio through the
    sound card at all times.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 2014-07-27 8:47 AM, GW4BLE wrote:
> ....works fine with the microham MK2R+
>

> Steve
> GW4BLE
>
> Sent from my iPhone 5S
>
>> On 27 Jul 2014, at 00:09, "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd at charter.net> wrote:
>>
>> No solution, but here is a very good article that explains why the delay
>> exists. This problem is the bane of using sound cards as voice keyers.  Was
>> so much easier back in Windows XP.
>>
>> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr99/articles/letency.htm
>>

>> Randy, K5ZD

>>> Bob