[WriteLog] Windows 7 audio delay

Georgens, Tom Tom.Georgens at netapp.com
Sun Jul 27 17:25:12 EDT 2014

I could not solve the problem either.  I even had problems with XP and used to test the sound delay before accepting a new work laptop.

Originally I built a box that routed the microphone to the radio except when Writelog asserted PTT.  At that point, the microphone was routed to the sound card, and the sound card output was routed to the radio.  That way I could speak into the microphone with no echo delay in the monitor, but could still record and play messages.  It seemed to work, but never actually used it.  I ended up using the DVR in the K3 and remapped the usual Writelog DVR function keys to control the radio.  This works great and removes all dependency on the sound cards in the computer.

GL

Tom W2SC 8P5A