[WriteLog] Registration code

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Jun 24 09:43:26 EDT 2014

Unless you changed the install locations, WriteLog will install the
program files in c:\Program Files(x86)\Writelog and will install the
user data files (logs, audio files, etc.) in a Writelog directory
located in the user's Documents directory ("My Documents").

A full installation of WriteLog will not overwrite the user files
(logs, etc.) although the "last used" logs will not be listed on
the start-up number.

>> I have the original registration code on the email order
>> confirmation but it has expired and no longer works.

It should work if you use the *full installer* that you downloaded
when you received that registration code.

>> It is only fair I pay for a new subscription. I just hope not to
>> lose my contest files from my original subscription.

If you install in the default location (or the same location as
Writelog was previously installed) a new full installer will not
delete files but it will overwrite older files with updated versions.
You should not lose any contest definition files or logs but I would
recommend copying both the WriteLog program file tree (C:\Program
Files(86)\Writelog) and the WriteLog document tree ("My Documents"
WirteLog) somewhere (a USB thumb drive or memory card) until you
are comfortable that nothing has been lost.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV