[WriteLog] Prefill Files - a warning

GW4BLE steve.gw4ble at btconnect.com
Tue Mar 4 15:57:25 EST 2014

Firstly, thanks to Gary AL9A for making the prefill ADIF file available for DX
participants in the ARRL Contest, HOWEVER I would advise caution when using these files -
I've never entered a contest with them before, but I did last weekend in the ARRL DX.

In the heat of running a reasonably fast *sustained* pileup (say, over the 200/hr rate) it
can be annoying to have the field  prefill, only to find the guy at the other end has
moved from say, PA to MN !  That few seconds deleting the prefill and typing in what the
guy actually sent put me out of sync on a number of occasions!

If the rate is 'average', maybe it's not a problem, but really I would say it's MUCH
better to go it alone and just type in the exchange for yourself. Period.

YMMV

Steve
GW4BLE