[WriteLog] W5XD Keyer

Curt Nixon cptcurt at flash.net
Sat Oct 18 10:39:23 EDT 2014

GM All:

I am running one of the W1AW/8 operations this week and am using
Writelog for the first time logging CW.  All is working well with
macro's, keyer etc EXCEPT:

The W5XD Multi-Keyer 1100 is giving me fits when using the paddle for
fills.  I note that the WL overview indicates iambic operation. I am
exclusively a single paddle op and wonder if that is the reason for the
extra elements, missed elements and generally erratic output.  Users of
the Kenwood TS2000 all have a similar problem with single paddle keying
to the extent that we need to just use an outboard keyer.

It is mildly better at speeds of 18 and below but if I go up, it gets
unusable.  I have cleaned the keyer contacts, re-made and short,
shielded cable, etc with no help.  Same whether RF is on or off.

It keys perfectly from the PC however.

Anyone else note this issue?  Any solutions?  Is there any .INI setting
to set single paddle use?

Thanks

Curt
KU8L