[WriteLog] Using K3 KIO3B USB with Writelog

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Dec 28 16:53:00 EST 2015

Understood, I meant to say I would like to do a better job of "bonding"
the many devices in my shack. I was just curious why #10 wire.

John KK9A

To:	writelog at contesting.com
Subject:	Re: [WriteLog] Using K3 KIO3B USB with Writelog
From:	Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com>
Reply-to:	jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Date:	Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:09:30 -0800

Hi John,

The larger gauge conductor is for BONDING only. The intent is to minimize
difference in potential between equipment by brute force Ohm's Law. This
is all discussed in the tutorial I referenced, both specific details of
what needs to be bonded and WHY.

For the signal pair, conductors as small as #24 are fine.

73, Jim K9YC