[WriteLog] USB Soundcard recommendation and setup

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jan 29 09:39:54 EST 2015

> Here's an applications note I wrote on USB interfaces. The Tascam
> US100 is my primary sound card. I use the Numark on a second laptop
> for the second radio with SO2R RTTY. The Tascam is a better choice
> because it has good level indication on the inputs.
 >
 > http://k9yc.com/USB_Interfaces.pdf

Every one of the products recommended in this application note are
no longer available at B&H Photovideo.

At least the products I referenced are still available at reasonable
prices and have been reported to work.  Yes, they may have "pin one
problems" but no more so than every amateur transceiver on the market
today.  Even so, those problems can be mitigated by the same steps
necessary to eliminate the effects of the pin one problem in the rig
itself - specifically proper bonding and common mode suppression.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV