[WriteLog] Two WAE Questions

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 31 19:13:35 EDT 2015

I'm writing a tutorial on running the WAE RTTY contest with WriteLog and have a couple of questions. I've used WriteLog in WAE RTTY
successfully many times but there are a couple of features I have not used.

#1. In my writelog.ini file I have the following:

[WAE]
QTC_FILL_REQ=%s%s PSE NR %d%s

With the Receive QTC window opened and when asking for a repeat of a QTC with QTC+n (where n=1 through 10 to designate which QTC I
need a fill on), WriteLog sends the callsign of the station I'm working and I don't want that. In other words, if I'm working DK0EE
and I hit A+1 to send a request to resend QTC #1, it sends:

DK0EE PSE NR 1

How can I get rid of the CALLSIGN at the start of this message?

I've never used this feature (ALT+n). I normally just go live with ALT+K and type "PSE NR 1 1 1 ". I realize it would be easier to
use ALT+n but having the callsign in the message takes up too much time and is not necessary.

#2. In the Help file, under the WAE Contest, it says this "ALT+Q, ALT+A, etc. activate the button with the corresponding letter
underlined as usual with Windows dialogs". What does this mean?

Researching the WriteLog reflector archives and with testing, I've determined that ALT+Q does the same thing as hitting the QRV
button when either the Send or Receive QTC windows is active. Is it suppose to do anything else?

ALT+A just closes the Send or Receive QTC dialog windows if they are opened (same as hitting Cancel). I found something from way
back in 2001 in the archives that said in version 10.28D, that "WAE QTC RX dialog has no ALT+A accelerator key anymore". All other
posts referencing ALT+A pertain to Antenna to Azimuth. So is ALT+A for WAE something that got left in the Help file for 14 years but
is no longer used?

Thanks,
Don AA5AU