[WriteLog] Problem installing Dual Run module

Wayne, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Fri Aug 5 23:23:12 EDT 2016

lots of stuff deleted before and after this quote:

> Thereafter I downloaded the Dual Run zip file which I unzipped to a temporary directory.
>
> Double clicking on install.bat brings up a window with a button inviting me to Run.
Are you certain you really are following the instructions? Did you
really do that unzip? or did you let Windows Explorer display the
contents of that zip file and then double click on its picture of
install.bat? (the latter won't work and pretty much does what you
describe next--which is nothing.)

If you confirm all that is as it should be, then the next issue could be
a security issue. When I do the above on Win10--starting with the zip
file download from github and doing the unzip as described--Win10
complains about running the install.bat with a "Windows protected your
computer" and a "Run anyway" button.

I vaguely recall it is possible to tell Windows 10 to unconditionally
reject what it thinks are malicious applications without putting up this
box, but I cannot remember any details.

Wayne