[WriteLog] Problem installing Dual Run module

Wayne, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Fri Aug 5 23:54:55 EDT 2016

I did some tests on my Win10 machine and found one more security issue
that can go wrong:
The "temporary directory" where you unzip, must not be protected against
system access, e.g. it cannot be encrypted.

In my own case, if I do the sequence below, it fails because my
Documents folder is not readable from the System account because I have
turned on encryption of my home directory. The fix is to unzip into a
temporary directory that is readable from system and is not encrypted.
Here is the sequence that fails:

    use Firefox to download, click the "Raw" button on github,
    let Firefox "open the file with Windows Explorer"
    Right click in Windows Explorer on the downloaded zip file and use
Extract All...
    this is what causes the failure:
    Windows Explorer offers to unzip into my encrypted home directory.
    The unzip works, and install.bat will run, but it has to elevate
privileges to admin to copy into WriteLog's Programs directory...and bad
stuff proceeds.

I really don't want to spend the time to write a real Windows installer
for this thing, but...its not looking good, so far.

Wayne