[WriteLog] Mode change from BandMap spot

Len Morris VE3FJB at lenmar.net
Fri Aug 12 16:23:00 EDT 2016

I have asked this before..

I have a Flex 6500, WriteLog v12, and DDUtill..

When a spot shows on the band map, and I click on it, if there nothing after the call, it switches the 6500’s mode to CW!, I operate mostly RTTY contesting, and it is a real pain to have to go to a pull down menu and click on RTTY.

During contests, most RTTY spots just have the call not call rtty. Surely there must be a way to turn the mode change off. I was told that it was “always this way”, but did not have this problem with FLex3k, 7700, or my 756Pro III.

All so, a small problem with the v12 BandMap, I do not get the frequency displayed in the band map, I can get spots, and it moves  to the spot frequency .

Thanks for any help that can be offered.. SARTG next weekend.

Len VE3FJB/VA3LM