[WriteLog] Problems with V12 in WPX

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sat Feb 13 02:48:03 EST 2016

I’ve discovered a couple of problems while working the WPX RTTY contest with WL V12.  I don’t think these are problems with the WPX contest module, but may be bugs in the V12 woodwork.

First, in the old V11 I could enter a number between 0 to 360 in the CALL field then hit Enter and my Alpha-Spid would start turning to that beam heading.  Under V12 the same action results in nothing happening.  I did discover that because I have a keyboard shortcut key set up to turn the rotor that the shortcut key would turn the rotor as before.  I just can’t get the Enter key to recognize a number in the CALL field and respond to it.

Second, this one really has me perplexed.  I have the F10 key macro setup to send my exchange when I am working S&P.  The macro is “%R%C TU 599 %3 %3 %E”.  When I press the F10 key the message is sent with no problem, BUT the cursor immediately disappears from the NUMB field in the Entry window and no longer shows anywhere.  I finally noticed that in the menu tool bar that the File choice is now highlighted.  If I press Enter, instead of logging the call just worked, the list of available options under the File menu item opens for me to make a selection there!

So when I’m working S&P I click on the call in Rttyrite to put it in the CALL field, then hit Space to move the cursor to the NUMB field.  Now I hit F11 which sends my call twice.  When the station calls me back and sends his exchange I click on his number and press F10 to send my exchange.  Immediately the cursor disappears and the File option is highlighted.  The F10 message sends ok, but now I must click in the NUMB field with the mouse to make the cursor reappear so that I can press Enter and log the QSO.  I have checked multiple things to no avail.  The keyboard short cut for F10 is just Message 10.  I completely wiped out the F10 macro and retyped it thinking that there might be an imbedded hidden control character in there somewhere, but even after typing in the macro again the behavior is the same.  I’ve tried all my other F key and Shifted F key macros and the F10 key is the only one to show this behavior.  Not a show stopper, but a definite nuisance.

73,
Gary AL9A