[WriteLog] weirdness this weekend

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 16:43:53 EST 2016

I was operating the RTTY WPX and had the following error message pop up
several times on two of the three PCs I was running:

"An unknown error occurred while accessing {my log file path and name}"

I clicked off the message and continued operating, but this message was
fairly alarming to be sure. Never seen this message before that I can
recall.

There seemed to be no damage to the log. I am still running v11.24J on
win7, and have been on this Writelog version for several months, and
running it on the same 3 PCs I always use. The only recent change to this
station is that the two PCs that got the message have been upgraded to the
K3s (the other PC that never displayed that message still has a K3, non-s).
However, I also ran the same setup for Roundup and never saw that message.

Another thing that happened was that two contacts were mis-logged (two that
I know of...!) In one case, the contact was recorded as a phone contact. It
was not a case where I accidentally changed the mode, it was just one
contact in a run that got marked as phone. (I found it because the robot
rejected it).

In the other case the frequency got recorded as "5". Again, just one
instance in the middle of a run.

Obviously none of these are show stoppers (I hope), but I thought they
should be noted.

73 jeff wk6i

ps: I'll upgrade to v12 after NAQP RTTY ;)

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com