[WriteLog] Re 2nd monitor

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Thu Jan 7 14:05:33 EST 2016

Hi again all,

OK, thanks for the many responses to this issue.
I hadn't realised it had come up before, as it didn't concern me at the
time, so I didn't process the info and store it away for future use. That's
my own fault!

So, it appears that it is an issue for some folk, but not for others.
One problem is that Windows comes in many varieties, even Win 7 Pro 32 bit
seems to have multiple variations.
Mine is from a genuine Windows & Pro 32 bit DVD-ROM, but if you get the same
version of Windows installed on a PC by - for example - Asus or Dell, it's
still Win7 Pro 32 bit, but it has their own specific variations installed.
If you go your PC from a high street vendor who builds PC for you, then it
could be yet another variant.

My machine has video output on the motherboard, and my 2nd monitor is on a
separate video card installed at the PC build.
Maybe this is where the problem is?
It may even be due to the type or make of video card.

So, until there is either a fix, or Wayne can come up with a solution
somehow, I will be putting my 2nd RTTYRite window on the main monitor.
I don't really see that as a major issue, but it did have me stumped for a
while.

Thanks again for the pointers....

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---