[WriteLog] v11 and v12 Both on Same Computer?

Wayne, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Thu Jan 14 18:53:03 EST 2016

> Can I install v12 on the same computer as my existing v11 so that I can use
> either?
>
> (Test computer will be my fully functioning and wired shack computer
> running Win 7/64 Pro. I don't want to mess anything up as I have
> forgotten everything I once knew about making Microsoft products work
> with radios.) BTW and off-topic, I dumped parallel and serial ports
> years ago in favor of USB. What serial ports that still remain on the
> ham gear I run with bullet-proof Edgeport USB converters.
> Ned K1GU

Sorry, no. The V12 installer uninstalls V11. However, the
uninstall/reinstall process to go backwards to V11 works, although it
does require a reboot. You will need to be sure to have a FULL install
kit for V11 to get it reinstalled.

You do not lose your settings. The writelog.ini that you already have
survives the V11/V12/V11 process.

Wayne