[WriteLog] WARNING! Scam e-mail

DickT-W0RAA dickt at w0raa.com
Mon Jun 27 12:31:12 EDT 2016

Over the weekend I received an e-mail with the ARRL Logo/Letterhead telling
me that I needed to update my information for the League's data base.  If I
didn't, my e-mail privileges would be suspended, and all kinds of nasty
thing would happen.

I suspected it was a phishing scam and contacted the ARRL this morning.
They are aware of it and said it was not them that sent it.  I was told to
delete it and that their Home Page had an article regarding this.

DO NOT click on anything that allegedly comes from the ARRL and has a
warning Code of: WeBmAiLx2F5 as a subject in the e-mail.

I hope nobody has clicked on the site and gave out any info.  Pass this on
to your friends and other groups.

73,

Dick - W0RAA