[WriteLog] Enabling compression

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Mar 9 09:29:38 EST 2016

Did this change with a new V12 Writelog version or did you make an
operating system change? Mine worked last weekend using XP Pro and Windows
7 with WL v11.2 something.

John  KK9A - WP2AA

To:	<writelog at contesting.com>
Subject:	[WriteLog] Enabling compression
From:	"Tom Georgens" <tomgeorgens15 at gmail.com>
Date:	Mon, 7 Mar 2016 10:17:08 -0800

Hello

I am running Windows 8.1 and recorded audio compression no longer seems to
work.   I try to change the settings, but it still seems to be recording
under the default, producing files that 155MB per hour.

There was a time when I had this working on this computer, but I must have
changed something and I cannot determine what it was.

Is the compression hardware dependent?  I am using the internal sound card
now, but I use an external USB device that is at the contest station.

Windows media player says the codecs I am trying to use are installed.

Not sure what else to try

Thanks

Tom W2SC