[WriteLog] I hereby claim to be the world record holder for...

Tom Georgens tomgeorgens15 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:13:10 EST 2018

I guess Wayne breaks my record, of sorts

I have been toying  remoting my 8P5A station in Barbados.  Just about
everything I have tried (Skype, TeamViewer, remote rig) have worked to some
degree, and I will spare all the details, but the WriteLog remote is the
most promising path due to its simplicity of interconnect, preservation of
features (SDR/Bandmap) and close integration of the control and remote
sites.  If Wayne can match the audio quality of the Remote Rig, this is the
best and cheapest solution.

Last trip I ran 100 stations on SSB from my apartment, about a mile from the
station.  Nobody could tell I was remote, and the RX and TX audio was
flawless.

Some logistical issues to resolve, plus getting written authorization from
the ministry before I try from home.

Good stuff

Tom W2SC