[WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 187, Issue 2

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Tue Jul 3 14:37:36 EDT 2018

Geoff,

I suspect that USB cable is inactive UNLESS you run WL or some other rig
control software. That would explain the noise.
Suggest adding several ferrites to the USB cable. Also, you might try to
add good heavy grounding (bonding) between the computer chassis and the
radio. I certainly can't explain why that wasn't a problem before your
upgrade.

GL & 73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU