[WriteLog] How do you send SHIFTED SSB messages?

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 1 16:16:21 EST 2018

I'm confused. I can't get SHIFTED messages to work on SSB. I have F2-F11 sending fine. I found this in the help file:
"There are twenty memories you may program to send transmissions for each mode, CW, RTTY, and Phone. They are labeled "Normal" and "Shifted" because WriteLog's default keyboard shortcut settings put the first ten on F2 through F11, and the second ten on Shift+F2 through Shift+F11."

Elsewhere it says...
"WriteLog enables you to record messages quickly. Type SHIFT+F2 to start the recording of a new message for F2 (or SHIFT+F3 for the F3 message, etc), and, after you have finished the message, type ESCAPE to save the recording."
This is what's happening. When I hit SHIFT-Fkey, it records instead of playing the message located in the Shifted SSB message bank. What do I have to do to get Shift+F2 through Shift+F11 to send messages instead of record messages? I know it's probably easy but I can't see to find it.
Thanks!73, Don AA5AU