[WriteLog] Message breakdown

Jon Suehiro nn5t at attglobal.net
Mon Nov 26 14:54:43 EST 2018

I was exactly in the same condition for 10 months since purchase of 7610 in
last January started in ARRL RTTY RU.  In voice mode, the issue was not much
noticeable, but like once in every 20 to 50 messages sent on CW (WL pc
generated) or RTTY (Rittyrite with MMTTY) --- both on USB1(B) DTR, it acted
like Silicon Labs CP210x (ver 1.30 latest) buffer was crashing.  The symptom
is exactly --- it starts OK, then keying will lose the logical level of zero
and one and actual keying on 7610 becomes fuzzy sound (by 7610 monitor).  Of
course, by stopping that message by 'ESC' and resend will recover in every
time.

I am proud as RF free in my shack.  Therefore I am confidence that my case
was not 'RF getting into the system'.  Also I am running 7610 low power
without linear during contests.

I sold microHAM Digi Keyer II with previous IC-7800.  But after struggling
above issue, I bought Digi Keyer II again.  Keeping CI-V Transceive OFF and
CI-V USB Port 'Unlink from [REMOTE]' in 7610, and activating WinKey in Digi
Keyer II (WriteLog CW keyer type K1EL Winkey), the issue is completely gone
during the CQ WW CW !

No rig-PC interface condition is fairly new.  Till 7610, I have never
experienced like this.  Swapped the USB ports on my desk top PC including
USB3 port but no change.  The condition was same in between the different
version CP210x driver (1.20 or 1.30).  I tried to troubleshoot or measure
the USB condition, but it is so random and unstable, I gave up and back to
microHAM.

I totally see Geoff's struggle but cannot give any clear solution.

GL de Jon NN5T