[WriteLog] FT8 in 2019 RTTY Roundup

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 14:55:18 EDT 2018

Last I spoke with W9JJ they are still watching how the FT8 test contests
are working out but they are definitely gearing up to do it.

In this Quick Start doc here prior to the first test test ;)

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/Quick_Start_WSJT-X_2.0.pdf

reference top of page 4 is made to some sort of cooperation/interface with
N1MM. Hopefully Writelog will also be allowed to the party. (I could have
sworn I saw something somewhere about an API for contest loggers but I'm
not finding it now.)

I asked about a couple rules issues, and tentatively, FT8 operation will
put you in Unlimited (Assisted) since it is a multidecoder. Also, no fair
using DXpedition mode to work multiple stations at once, which should be
obvious since that would technically be more than one transmitted signal at
the same time.

Worst case, if these is no integration with writelog, you may be
constrained to typing calls and exchanges, no click to entry. Consider that
is no worse than operating phone, and you have 15 seconds to do it. ;)

73 jeff wk6i