[WriteLog] DigiRite suggestion

Ron Lodewyck rwlodewyck at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 17:17:52 EDT 2019

I was helping my neighbor Bruce, KF6F, get up and running with DigiRite when he made an observation which I think could lead to an improvement in readability and user friendliness.

His suggestion is to make two changes to the “Transceive-1” pane:
1. Separate even and odd cycles in the left , callsign side, in some way. WSJT-X does this with a horizontal line . DigiRite does do this in the waterfall, but not in the rapidly scrolling callsign list. One idea would be color highlighted - Green and red like the circular timers. Or simply, different colors for even vs odd cycles.

2. Similarly in the waterfall area, maybe a red mark ( bar?) along the left margin in transmit cycles and a green mark in receive cycles. Again, this could also be simply different colors to distinguish even vs odd cycles.

I think Bruce’s idea would improve readability and hope it is worth considering as improvements to DigiRite continue to be made.

Btw, DigiRite worked very well in the last practice and I like it a lot.

73,
Ron N6EE

Sent from my iPhone