[WriteLog] Timed CQ - voice file issue

Jamie Dupree jamie.dupree at verizon.net
Mon Feb 18 10:46:11 EST 2019

I am running Windows 10.  Using the latest WL 12.36.
As I was getting ready for CQ160 SSB, I noticed an odd situation where if I used the <ESC> key to interrupt my Timed CQ, Writelog would then refuse to fire any recorded voice files after that <ESC> key interruption.  (It doesn't matter what F key is being used for the timed CQ message.)
The radio clicks like the PTT is being sent, but no voice file is sent by the computer.
The only way I could get it to work again was to close the program, and re-start Writelog (somewhat inconvenient during a contest).
If I don't use the Alt-T to set up timed CQ, then everything works fine in terms of Writelog transmitting the correct voice files.
The issue does not present itself in CW, only with my voice files, which otherwise work fine.
But the timed CQ is a nice feature to have, instead of mashing the CQ button manually, every single time.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

73 Jamie NS3T