[WriteLog] Rig goes to 160M LSB instead of CW in Writelog IARU HF Contest module

Keith Beebe W3KB keith at w3kb.net
Sun Jul 14 17:57:02 EDT 2019

For whatever reason my rig, using Writelog in the recent IARU HF Championship contest, goes to LSB on 160 meters instead of CW when clicking on a spot in the Band Map.  I was operating only on CW, not Mixed mode (CW and SSB) in this contest therefore obviously clicking only in the CW frequencies on 160.

NOTE: All of the other bands 80 through 10 meters worked perfectly clicking on the CW spots from the Reverse Beacon Network. The rig stayed on CW on those bands.

For another reference, I just tested putting a frequency, say 1835, in the Entry Window itself and it does the same thing.  The rig goes to LSB instead of CW.

However, if I click the box to the left of the Entry Window it opens to the settings for Logging / Duping.  Putting a frequency, say 1825 on CW in that particular window and the rig goes to CW like it should.

Go back to the Entry Window and put in a 160 meter frequency it will go to LSB not CW !   Clicking on a 160 spot in the Band Map will also make it go to LSB not CW.

Why is only 160 meters having this issue?

Again, this is only the IARU HF contest "module" doing this and only on 160 meters.  Yes, I also tried a few other modules (such as the one for the CWT's) and 160 CW works perfectly.

Keith W3KB