[WriteLog] Sound board issue

Jamie Dupree jamie.dupree at verizon.net
Thu Dec 10 08:13:41 EST 2020

Since the Windows10 update just before Thanksgiving, I've been having a recurring WL problem, which forces me to close out the program, and sometimes re-start the computer, which is somewhat inconvenient during a contest.
WL will work fine for multiple hours, and then suddenly give me an error message:

Failed to create sound board object: 0, 0x800700a4

WL will then refuse to send any recorded voice files.  It unchecks the box for "Enable Receiver Listen Loop" and acts like I don't have recorded .wav files on my shack hard drive.
I know that troubleshooting our respective computers is totally hit and miss, but does anyone have an idea?  Google searches have not produced very much.
Thanks.
73 Jamie NS3T