[WriteLog] TS-890 dig mode?

Steve Forst numbnutz33 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 19 08:17:57 EDT 2020

As a blind guy, I'm not much of a RTTY contester, but did get 75 in the
log yesterday.

I've been using Writelog for about 20 years on various Kenwood radios.
Last week I installed the latest version and  started using the new
TS-890 rig driver.   Prior to this I had used  one of the other Kenwood
rig choices for the 890.

I operate in FSK mode.  While I have no need for a monitor, I was able
to tell by my screen reading software  that  writelog was showing the
correct frequency followed by "dig".   Like: 14090 khz dig.  Over the
years with a different Kenwood rig selected writelog would show
something like: 14090 khz FSK.

While I had noticed this change to "dig" I really didn't give it a
thought, until I tried to upload to Log Book of the World.   It told me
that "dig" is an invalid mode.

I compared my adif file to the adif file from  the  last NAQP RTTY and
saw that yesterday's file shows mode for each contact as "dig", while in
last winter's contest mode was RTTY.

Nothing has changed at the station other than installing the latest
version and change rig driver to TS-890S.

Glitch in the software? Or more likely something I need to change or
fix myself?

73, Tnx for the QSO's, Steve KW3A