[WriteLog] WPX with 2 radios 2 keyboards question

wc1m73 at gmail.com wc1m73 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:24:33 EDT 2020

I'm not exactly sure what sequence you're seeing, but I think you're saying that transmit focus stays on the Left radio when you call the station, so when you hit F1 on the Right keyboard it sends CQ on the Left radio. I believe the reason transmit focus doesn't move to the Right radio when you hit F1 is because the automatic switching only applies to keys that move the keyboard focus.

The way around this is to set the CQ to repeat with the Alt-T popup and check "Auto Resume". I use a 3-second delay between repeats. Hit F1 with the transmit focus on the Right radio to start the CQ. When you hit a function key to send your call to a spotted station on the Left radio, the CQ will be interrupted, transmit and keyboard focus will shift to the Left radio and your call will be sent. Then transmit focus will automatically return to the Right radio and the CQ will be restarted. This works the same way when you use a function key to send the exchange to the spotted station.

Hope this helps.

73, Dick WC1M