[WriteLog] Now REMOTE CW/RTTY

Robert woodr90 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:33:00 EDT 2020

spent few hours working remote setup on laptop that will travel.  this
session, all behind same router.
rig com port linked fine.   Audio would link but never heard anything.
Finally switched rig to AM on 10Mhz then 5Mhz WWV, still nothing.
(you know, wasn't just no RTTY but no CW either late last night)

my settings on audio were too low at rig site.  K3 - turned up the line out
(15) and then could hear audio fine at control site.
zing  - I'd be interested what K3 line out values others are using when
doing remote.
sample rates all set same between sites

today's study:
CW   Can RIT be implemented or is RC1101 required?

RTTY - (It is what it is):
  can't get to MTTY to allow AFC
and once AFC is on, then set to off to do S&P, need to insure Mark set at
2125
Seems Option is set AFC on or off before leaving the remote (Rig) Site...
AFC off is good for S&P, AFC on good for CQ CQ
As noted before, can't see the waterfall or RTTY tuning indicators at
control site (No rig site).

TEAM MEETING - is this good method to run/operate remote (has Rig) computer
can see screen and operate mouse as if at the Home site?
Other worthy options?
IF I want FT8 remote, remote control of Rig PC seems in order.

Going to test the router today by setting Cell Phone to Hot Spot, connect
laptop to Hot Spot and come in that method to insure can get through router
fine (opening up 3 port #s)

73 W5AJ

Robert
Midland, Texas