[WriteLog] Contest Simulator SO2R

Tom Georgens tomgeorgens15 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 13:42:12 EDT 2020

Hi Randy

As I understand it, the simulator will have a set number of callers over a
certain period of time.  If you work stations efficiently at the beginning,
the number of new callers will decline and some CQ's will go unanswered.  I
have never seen the callers stop for a long period of time, but similar
behavior was recently reported here.  It is possible that an issue has come
up.  Wayne added the ability to make the call sign atomic (it will not
terminate a CQ message in the middle of sending a callsign) .  This required
a new simulator release but I do not recall if it required a new runmode
module.  It may be worth being sure you have the latest version of each

The number of callers is controlled by the "Search and Pounce stations"
entry on the settings menu.  A number like 3 or 4 should generate sustained
activity without chaos.  The CQ stations should be zero.  This setting is
used to specify how many CQing stations there will be as you tune the band.
If this is not 0, you may get a station cqing on your run frequency.

Make sure you did not inadvertently put both radios on the same band.

Also,  make sure that you do not have any characters in the entry window,
this will stop that radio from CQing.  If you delete all the characters in
the entry window, it will resume CQing after about 5 seconds.  You need to
map a key to External: Clear to resume CQing right away

Also, if you do !t, what is the repeat interval?  This value has a number of
side effects in dual runmode.

I should add that I usually run in "simple" contest mode.  Maybe there is
something with the other contests that I have not seen

GL

Tom W2SC