[WriteLog] Contest Simulator SO2R

Randy Thompson k5zd at outlook.com
Sun May 24 22:47:04 EDT 2020

I started playing with the simulator this evening.  It is an amazing piece of programming work and would be helpful for anyone wanting to get warmed up before a contest.

I am trying to practice for 2BSIQ mode (alternating CQ/running on two bands).  It doesn't always give two continuous streams of callers.  I seem to work one on radio 1 with nothing on radio 2, and then vice versa.  Not sure if my QSL message is not right, but it is like the simulator doesn't know I finished a QSO (or know that I am ready for the next one).

After about 15 minutes of running, I stopped having any new callers.  The automation is doing the alternate CQs, but no one calls me.  Did I run out of people to work, or did something break?

I stopped dual CQ and just called CQ on one radio.  Still no answers.  If I tune around, I can hear other sims calling CQ.

It's almost like there is a time limit or a QSO limit on the simulator.

My CQ: cq test ak1w
My TU: tu ak1w

Randy K5ZD