[WriteLog] 2 bandmaps ?

Keith Beebe W3KB keith at w3kb.net
Mon Nov 16 14:40:14 EST 2020

Bob WA1FCN

I use a Yaesu FT DX 5000 and have just tested the two band maps set up on it.

In Writelog, to call up the second band map go to the Entry window, right click and there are two listings: Band Map and Band Map on 2nd VFO.  Click BOTH to show the two band maps.  I set mine up side by side lengthwise (not horizontal) to show the main VFO on the left and the second VFO on the right.

You can split the VFOs also.  For example, set the A VFO to 40 meters and then the B VFO to 20 meters.

Now here is the neat part.  On RBN, the spots for two bands will show up separately on the two band maps!

As I write this, 40 meter spots are showing in the left band map and 20 meter spots are showing in the right band map.

Hitting the TX button on the rig for the separate VFOs will set it on the VFO you want.

Yes, this is a completely different way of operating and would take a lot of focus to do so, but wanted you to know it could be done.

Keith W3KB