[WriteLog] 2 bandmaps ?

beaudoin wa1fcn at charter.net
Mon Nov 16 10:20:14 EST 2020

GM All

         It may seem dumb but,  I have had my rig 17 years and just
realized how one of it's capabilities could

         help my contesting efforts!!  Why I never tried to make use of
this feature is beyond me.

         My Ft 1000 mp Mark 5 has two vfo's each can be on a separate
band and both can listened to at same

         time.  The audio can be adjusted for each vfo.   Certainly not
as good as  SO2R but as close as I'll ever try.

         Ok now for my question, which I do not believe Writelog

         is capable of but, I might as well ask about it.  I can have
bandmap for main vfo but can I have a band map

         for second vfo?   I can see this as a definite help .   I
certainly will try this two vfo operation in CQ WW CW

         for sure.  If a second vfo/bandmap is not possible then I guess
I can set packet spots window to only show second

         vfo frequency spots.  This would not be as efficient as two
bandmaps but still usable.

                 Good luck to all in CQ WW CW. BoB WA1FCN