[WriteLog] some post WAE RTTY thoughts etc.

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 20:25:56 EST 2020

I can help! See below - 73 jeff wk6i

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:40 PM Randy Thompson <k5zd at outlook.com> wrote:

> I was wishing I could edit some of the QTC related messages myself.
>
> I didn't even realize there was a key to ask for the repeat of a
> particular QTC.  I was using Alt-K each time!  It's alt-<number>?

Yes. Suggest reviewing the great writeup on rttycontesting.com and also
search the Writelog help for QTC.

> What was most maddening was not being able to cut and paste text between
> rows of the QTC receive box.  I had to retype most of several QTCs because
> I missed one message at the beginning.

You can go back in RTTYrite and reclick the QTCs. The very good news is
that Writelog will overwrite the bad entry with the reclick. You don't have
to erase.

> Other than that, WL was great!  I had over 1700 QTC both sent and received.

Yes you did in fact kick butt this weekend :) WL *was* great, my
suggestions are incremental.