[WriteLog] Writelog Remote

Tom Georgens tomgeorgens15 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:09:24 EDT 2020

I ran Writelog remote to my contest station in Barbados (8P5A).  The
Writelog part worked exactly as advertised.  I could do full SO2R and
RunMode automation for running on two bands.  The SDR functionality worked
as well.  I had set up Remote Rig, and it worked fine.  However, a total WL
solution required no additional hardware and did not require any
reconfiguring or the station when at the transmitting site or operating
remote.

There rest of the station, (rotors, wattmeter, solid state amps, antenna
selection) had already been done with homebrew hardware and software that I
could also remote.

Ultimately, other than being able to fix stuff and the detectable latency,
the onsite and remote functionality were identical.

Alas, the 8P5A station has been dismantled, but I strongly recommend the WL
solution

Tom W2SC