[WriteLog] DTR On at startup keying my radio

Dana Roode K6NR dana.roode at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:44:32 EDT 2021

I am using a K4, configured for Writelog as a K3.  The same virtual port I
use for sending radio commands is configured on the K4 for DTR as CW and
RTS and PTT.  Writelog is set to PC Generates for CW.  I'm using version
12.60C.

When I start Writelog for a new contest, the rigs keys while I am selecting
the contest.  It stays keyed until I do an Alt-K and send a character using
the keyboard.  After that, everything works great.  If I select a contest
that is already setup, the radio keys while Writelog is initializing, then
all is well even without sending a character via Alt-K.

I guess Writelog has DTR on at startup?  Anyway to fix this?  For my
principal location I use a Winkey and don't think I'll have this issue.

  Dana