[WriteLog] DTR On at startup keying my radio

Tom Georgens tomgeorgens15 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 18:38:19 EDT 2021

There is an entry in the ini file [Rigs]  to control this.  Here is the
section in the help file

The COMn_RTS_INIT and COMn_DTR_INIT settings are for the ports used for rig
control (only--not FSK or any other COM port uses) and change the way
WriteLog initializes the RTS and DTR lines on the rig port. Setting the
value to 0 (zero) causes WriteLog to initialize the line off. Setting the
value to 1 (one) causes WriteLog to initialize the line on (which is the
default if there is no entry). Setting the value to anything else, like -1
(minus one), causes WriteLog to not change the port.
WriteLog supports RTS/CTS flow control for some rig drivers that turn that
feature on, but only if you also set COMn_RTS_INIT = -2

COM1_RTS_INIT=-2
COM1_DTR_INIT=1

Here is the entry in my ini file as an example.  I used the DTR lines for
some other station automation stuff

[RIGS]
COM7_RTS_INIT=-1
COM7_DTR_INIT=-1