[WriteLog] Self Spotting in ARRL DX Contest

Kirk A. Kleinschmidt kirk at cloudnet.com
Fri Feb 10 18:50:00 EST 2023

Wow. I must have been asleep for a few years if self-spotting in
contests is now (sometimes?) allowed.

Pretty soon any need to actually operate our stations will have been
removed.

Rant Warning:

I suggest that the folks who compile the "supercheck partial" list
compile a list of every contest op's phone numbers and IP addresses so
our PCs can simply remotely operate everyone's station to allow "auto
contesting" for the ops who can't be bothered to do any part of the
process. That way, instead of wasting time "operating" they can take up
a hobby that requires at least some effort, say, fishing. (although
fishing with dynamite is amazingly easy).

End Rant

Regards,

Kirk, NT0Z