[WriteLog] Learning WL: INI Mysteries no longer as mysterious

Bob Wolbert, K6XX k6xx at k6xx.com
Sat Feb 25 11:24:58 EST 2023

Thanks to the helpfulness of the subscribers, my WriteLog is behaving
itself and acting as a logger should. I needed that information on the
.ini file since, as all of you know, a proper .ini is crucial to program
operation.

I did not understand where/how to find the file; now that you showed me,
it is just a matter of time/experiments getting the program playing
efficiently. Fortunately, two extremely rare (for here) but timely "snow
days" let me concentrate on the program. It is now working well for me.

That doesn't mean that I'll leave well enough alone, however! May I lean
on the reflector for a few more questions?

1. Multiplier Window in WPX contests. It opens, but WL is unresponsive
until the window is closed. Is this normal, or is there a setting?

2. K3 or K4 DVR Message kill. Once a DVR message starts, it plays to
completion: ESC won't stop it. How can this be fixed? Note that pressing
the footswitch causes the rig itself to halt the message.

3. Are there setting that will prefill Log Submission Details,
specifically Power, Xmtr, and Operator (single vs multi-op)?

4. May we enter comments to document our .ini files?

5. UTC display, with seconds?

Finally, in a couple of the direct replies to my help request, some
mentioned disabling the "C" and "Country" entry fields for each new
contest. There is a setting for that:

[Multipliers]
ShowCountry=0

does the trick.