[WriteLog] quick reality check - RTTY and sound cards

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:15:24 EST 2023

Yesterday for NAQP I wanted to run SO2R with my old K3 and my new K4.

I got the K4 running fine in Writelog on MMTTY/2tone with the K4 internal
sound card, both receivers in SO2V mode.

Then I plugged in the external sound card for the K3. No amount of cajoling
could get that sound card to show up in MMTTY. It did show up in Device
Manager and in the list on 2tone. But I still couldn't get any sound to
register in 2tone.

I usually run PC per radio but yesterday I wanted to do all this on one PC,
because that's what I had. This was basically 4 radios - two SO2V K-radios.
I did get FSK transmit working on the K3 but I couldn't receive.

Before I go ripping into the audio path for the K3 and the PC - they had
been working fine very recently - Writelog does support this configuration
- right?

73 jeff wk6i

ps I did restarts and wire checks of everything to no avail. The fact that
the sound card did not show up in MMTTY is kind of a red flag that it was
software. Oh and yes each Rttywrite window has its own copy of MMTTY or
2tone.

Jeff Stai ~ WK6I ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
RTTY op at W7RN