[WriteLog] quick reality check - RTTY and sound cards

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Feb 26 20:37:46 EST 2023

You need a separate MTTY folder for each receiver which is two for each
radio if running SO2V. N6EE wrote a very informative article on this.
https://www.rttycontesting.com/files/SO2V.pdf

Running four receivers, each with multiple decoders on a single PC is not
something I have tried.

John KK9A

Rich wrote:

WL/MMTTY does support what you are trying to do with one PC.  I do that
all of the time.

I really do not have a solution to your issue, but you might want to
check these things.

When using two radios on one PC you need to have MMTTY and 2tone
installed in multiple folders

ex: /mmtty1/ = K4

ex: /mmtty2/ = K3

A separate copy needs to be run for each radio.

Rich

Jeff Stai wk6i wrote:

Yesterday for NAQP I wanted to run SO2R with my old K3 and my new K4.

I got the K4 running fine in Writelog on MMTTY/2tone with the K4 internal
sound card, both receivers in SO2V mode.

Then I plugged in the external sound card for the K3. No amount of cajoling
could get that sound card to show up in MMTTY. It did show up in Device
Manager and in the list on 2tone. But I still couldn't get any sound to
register in 2tone.

I usually run PC per radio but yesterday I wanted to do all this on one PC,
because that's what I had. This was basically 4 radios - two SO2V K-radios.
I did get FSK transmit working on the K3 but I couldn't receive.

73 jeff wk6i