[WWYC] AGCW Report 2K

Hrle Hrle" <hrle@rkp.ice.hr
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 03:02:22 +0100

 AGCW Straight Key Contest 2K

      Call: 9A7P (9A6NHH)     Country:  Croatia
                              Category: B - Single Op, max. power 50 W

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q

       80       72      364     5.05

     Totals     72      364      0

                 Score: 364 points

All reports sent were 5#9 # / B / HRLE / 16, unless otherwise noted.
                   RST+NR /Category/Name/Age

Operating Time: 3hours

Operator List: 9A6NHH - Hrle

Equipment Description:
RTX: TS440S + hand key
ANT: Dipole at 20m
PWR: 50W

Club Affiliation: WWYC

Remarks:
QSO rates:                1999        2000

    1st hour               28          29       qsos
    2nd hour               25          22       qsos
    3rd hour               18          21       qsos
    Total                  71          72

QSOs with:
A class (QRP) x 7pts       25          31        qsos
B class (max50W) x 4pts    32          24        qsos
C class (max150W) x 3pts   14          17        qsos

Total points              345         364

        DXCC                9          15 (32 DL stations)
         YLs                2           0

Best QSO rate: 3qsos in 3minutes :)

AGCW 2000 Youngest / Oldest - Top 5 -

YU1HFG - Dule   - 16yrs       DL1JF  - Hermann - 85yrs
DJ1YFK - Fabien - 16yrs       DK7NB  - Franz   - 76yrs
4N1JA  - Marko  - 21yrs       DL6EK  - Walter  - 76yrs
HA8LUH - Attila - 22yrs       DL6TG  - Hans    - 75yrs
DF9DX  - Frank  - 33yrs       DJ1HA  - Karl    - 75yrs

!!! 52.3 years per OP !!!

I just showed some facts on this contest for me in this and past year.
It was not that 88qsos like I was thinking (it was another contest with
88q),
it was 71 qsos in this contest last year. This year 1 qsos more but on my
great pleasure more points up because there where many QSOs with QRP
stations. It was again great fun for me, as I used hand key. Now I still
have problems with typing because hand hurts. I was calling CQ for 3 hours,
so that means about 75% of the time I spent by TXing. Lucky me I write
with left hand and TX CW with right hand so I can do logging (yep i did
everything with hands - no PCs .. just like the old times) and TXing
at same time (nature gave me advantage on this one:) ).

Big problem is just shown up in my little age table: there is no young
blood.
52.3 years!! How to stop this number growing???
We are in big problem.
Will there be any contesting in about 10years or ham-radio at all...?
I guess soon we will have to upgrade our age limit to 50 :) hehehe
This is it. Was pleasure working DJ1YFK in LOG (he was only 16qsos behind
me with his QRP when I worked him - great job). Next time hope to
see more WWYCs so we put that number 52.3 to at least 40.

73 and next week it's WPX RTTY if I'm not wrong. Put up some toughts
and tactics for working that contest :)
I'll just say if I catch 9a5aei we will work M/S if not I'm goin' to be
SO AB running against OZ1AA :) or others that will work there :)

P.S. DJ1YFK - please give me the URL where I can find WAE CW Results.
P.P.S. HF NET - is that thing still alive?

                                                 // 9a6nhh Hrvoje Horvat //
           MAILING ADDRESS:

               R.C."Pazin"-CONTEST TEAM  9A7P
               P.O.Box 73