[WWYC] N4GI ARRL DX CW SOABLP

Blake M. Meinecke bmeinecke@mindspring.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:39:42 -0500

             ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2000

      Call: N4GI(@K4VUD)             Section or Country: Florida
      Mode: CW                       Category: SOABLP

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    COUNTRIES

      160    2                  2
       80    24                18
       40    140               42
       20    424               55
       15    424               66
       10    483               63
     --------------------------------------

     Totals  1504  4491   246  =   1,104,786

Club affiliation:  Florida Contest Group, WWYC #36

Well, that's about it....  First time out for a full blown effort in a DX
contest for me.  My goal was 1000 q's, after that, it was the 1 meg mark.
My mult totals sucked, but didn't think about that while I was running (of
course).  The second radio was usefull for the first 12 hours, and the last
12 hours.  Just didn't work late at night when I was almost catatonic....
Almost all Q's on 40-80 were 2nd radio.

Great to hear a bunch of 1st class ops, and to work a bunch of you on
multiple bands (who? I can't remember..)!  Charlie, K4VUD has a killer
station, which plays well into the THINK LOUD-BE LOUD mentality.  Many tnx
for his hospitality and motivation.

TNX for the q's and C everybody in the next one!!  I don't do SSB, but pse
listen for K4UCF (U. of Central Florida college stn) in ARRL DX phone.
Some more potential WWYC members on the air!!

CUL, Great job done by all!

PS- anybody gonna be in Dayton this year???

Blake  N4GI

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm